Please check back for updates on our adoptable dogs or keep an eye on our Facebook & Instagram page for further information! When a dog does become available, we will post all related information below. Thank you for your interest and ongoing support!
A one time $6 non refundable application fee is required for your first adoption application submitted to Fur-Ever Able. This fee is considered a donation and will go directly towards our special needs pups in care to help offset the costs of their medical expenses. Further payment details can be found at the bottom of this page. Thank you.
Please note the following:
- PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR A DOG IN CARE UNTIL THEY ARE OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE FOR ADOPTION AND POSTED AS AVAILABLE ON THIS PAGE.
- If applying for an adoptable dog, please know that if you are one of the 3-5 families contacted for a “meet & greet”, you and all family members from the same household must be willing to travel to meet the dog in person. Locations may vary but are generally in the Milton area or surrounding cities where the dog is being fostered. Attending to a “meet & greet” does not solidify that you will be chosen to adopt the said dog. However, a “meet and greet” is a mandatory part of the adoption process in order to be considered.
- Although we always do our best to state the suspected breed or breeds of the adoptable dogs, please note that we cannot guarantee any of these dog breeds, or disclose any specific details pertaining to the surrendering of our dogs. Oftentimes, we are provided with very limited information and we are unable to confirm the validity of any specific information received.
- If a dog comes to us without a date of birth, we do our best to make an educated guess based on the physical traits of the dog, alongside with the medical opinion from the vet.
- Once a dog is adopted, please allow ample time for the dog to slowly adjust to its new surroundings. This takes a lot of time and patience and new or unexpected behaviours during this adjustment phase may surface. Of course we are always here to provide advice.
- If for ANY reason, the adopted dog needs to be rehomed at any point, Fur-Ever Able Dog Rescue & Rehab must be notified promptly so arrangements can be made for the dog to be returned to our rescue. Please note that there will be no adoption fee refund.
- Our computer system does not send any confirmation email after an adoption application is submitted. Rest assured, we did receive it.
- Since we are only two people, both with full time jobs and a family to care for as well, we do not review applications immediately after each submission. Please be patient with us as we usually wait a week after a dog is posted before reviewing any applications submitted.
- Sadly, we cannot respond back to each and every application submitted as we just don’t have the time or manpower to do so, especially with the hundreds of applications received. Please know we do appreciate you taking the time to apply.
- You will only be contacted if we wish to have you attend for a meet and greet.
- Respectfully, PLEASE DO NOT CALL US IN REGARD TO YOUR APPLICATION or status of application! If you have any further questions, please email or send a direct message via Facebook or Instagram and we will do our best to respond within a timely manner.
- The link to the adoption application is located at the bottom of this page and our adoption fees do vary depending on the medical needs of the puppy or dog. Non medical puppies and dogs are $550/$750 depending on age and senior dogs are $350. Please note that our surgical/ medical puppies are $1000, where as our older surgical/medical dogs are $750. All adoption fees do go directly back towards the ongoing medical expenses in running a large scale dog rescue focused on dogs and puppies with medical needs. Thank you.
Spot is up for Adoption
D.O.B: April 2020
Look who is finally able to find her fur ever home!!! Spot you are a truly special girl .
Spot is approximately 2 years old and has already gone through so much in her life. Spots breed is unknown (you are more then welcome to guess. Her puppies all had German shepherd, husky and boxer in common), Spot came into care pregnant and with heart worm.
Unfortunately due to her pregnancy we could not start with heart worm treatment until all her pups found their homes. Spot was treated for heart worm and has beat it ! (although she will need to be checked in 6-9 months).
Spot is a SUPER snuggle bug. She wants nothing more then to have a long, long belly rub from anyone who will give them lol . She is great with people of all ages. and wants to be around her people more then anything.
Spot is great on a leash and has been working on off leash skills. She is good with dogs she knows and other dogs, she needs slow introductions. Spot is very food driven which makes it easy to train her. She is crate trained but does not need it, she is great when left alone.
Considering the rough start she had at life , you would never know it with the love that she has to give to everyone.
Adoption Fee: $750
Meet & Greets will take place in Brampton, Ontario
Joey is up for Adoption
D.O.B: April 2021
News Flash!! Joey, our 1 year old white shepherd/Great Pyrenees is ready for his for ever family. Joey is a happy go lucky boy who wants nothing more then to please his humans.
Joey is house trained and is obedient. Joey LOVES his crate but does not need it. Joey plays well with other dogs and is cat friendly. Joey is good with kids (we are looking for a home with kids over 10 years old).
Joey is 120lbs and can afford to lose some weight as it’s affecting his joints (hip and elbow). Joey was on a short round of Anti-inflammatory to help with his joints. He would benefit from some water therapy (his for ever family will receive 1 session of water therapy/ physiotherapy from Fur-Ever Able at the location of his fur ever families choosing).
Joey loves to cuddle and be a dog weighted blanket by putting his whole body on you lol. Joey can be a couch potato or play with the best of them. Joey would make any family super happy!
Adoption Fee: $550
Meet & Greets will take place in Milton, Ontario
Chip is up for Adoption ( ADOPTION APPS CLOSED)
DOB: December 2021
Mr. Chip is officially up for adoption!!! Chip is a 5 month old Tri-Rough Coat Chihuahua. He’s a tiny boy at 3 1/2 lbs. We don’t believe he’s going to get much bigger.
Chip is amazing with other dogs, cats, chickens and kids. Chip loves kids!
Chip is truly an amazing little guy. He is not fully house trained yet but he’s working on it. Chip is crate trained. He is a cuddle bug, and just wants to snuggle right into your neck and fall asleep.
Adoption Fee : $750
Meet & Greets will take place in Mono, Ontario
Josie is looking for a FOSTER TO ADOPT home!
Breed: Mastiff Mix
As you may recall, our magnificent mama dog, Josie came to us in August of 2021, along with her litter of 11 puppies. She and her pups were rescued off a northern reserve, located in Manitoba. Even though all of her adorable pups found their furever homes back in the fall, Josie has remained in care only because she has been patiently waiting for her cherry eye surgery and spay date, which is scheduled for January 24th, 2022. Her surgery will take place at Cheltenham Vet Clinic, located near the Caledon/Brampton area.
Since being in care, Josie has noticeably transformed with her newly grown shiny coat and her much needed weight gain, now weighing 116 lbs. This gentle giant is absolutely AMAZING with people, especially children! She is very affectionate and wants nothing more than to cuddle up with you! Her ultimate cuddle goals consist of getting you to lean on her just enough so that she can lean right back on you for that extra level of comfort. Oh, and when it comes to belly rubs, this girl is always game ready in hopes that you might even find that perfect belly rubbin’ spot.When it comes to other dogs, Josie is initially very selective as to who she wants to befriend. She requires a lengthy period of time to gain trust in other dogs, which can take anywhere from a few days to a week (along with constant supervision and slow interactions). However, once she trusts a new dog, she can’t wait to get her play on! That said, her play can get very rough and because of her large size, she tends to scare away the other dog (except for her current foster fur-siblings, Khloe & Chong).
Josie walks well on leash but we are working on her not barking at other dogs as they pass. She will need an experienced handler who will provide her with the consistency and structure she needs in order to succeed. Given her background, professional training would be ideal and in Josie’s best interest. She does make use of a crate (even though she’s not a fan of it), but she does willingly go in with the use of treats. Overall, Josie’s day consists of sleeping on a couch (or much preferably someone’s lap), belly rubs, going for walks, more belly rubs, eating and wait for it…even more belly rubs!!! This sweet girl may have had a “ruff” start to life along with a lack of initial training, but it’s now HER time and she deserves nothing but the very best moving forward! A foster to adopt home is preferred as we would like to find this wonderful girl a furever home sooner than later. We do not want to move her from one home to another if there’s no need to do so. Ultimately, she will be adoptable after her surgery, pending medical clearance from the vet. All medical costs and supplies will be fully covered/supplied by Fur-Ever Able Dog Rescue until she is cleared and ready to be officially adopted.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us and we’d be happy to chat more about Josie. There will be an adoption fee in which we will be happy to discuss the process further. If you’re interested in fostering Josie with the plan to adopt her once she’s ready, please visit the “foster” page on this website and submit a foster application today.
Thank you for taking the time to apply and as always, thank you for your continued support. Please note that we will only be contacting those applicants selected for a meet and greet. As much as we would like to thank each and every applicant personally, sadly we just do not have the time or volunteers to do so with us being a small scale, volunteer based and a non profit rescue.
A one time $6 non refundable application fee is required for your first adoption application submitted with Fur-Ever Able. This fee is considered a donation and will go directly towards our special needs pups in care to help offset the costs of their medical expenses. Further payment details can be found at the bottom of this page. Thank you
DO NOT APPY FOR A DOG UNLESS THE DOG IS POSTED AS AVAILABLE FOR ADOPTION AND LISTED ABOVE ON THIS PAGE.